Friday, April 4, 2014

Yet another health blog. You’re welcome.

Sitting here, watching the Cincinnati Reds, and browsing the Taco Bell Breakfast Nutritional Menu on my phone. That’s when I start to realize I have a problem. No, I’m not planning a breakfast run, I’m just thoroughly intrigued what people put in their bodies and expect them to continue to work as they are designed to work.

So why a blog?

First, I’m driving my colleagues crazy going on and on about juicing, the evils of flu shots, and recipes.

Second, I love to write. I think that anyone that is a writer can never really call themselves “a writer.” Not sure why that is, but we all strive to someday to reach that level and finally feel comfortable with that title. In the meantime, I will simply say I’m most comfortable spilling my thoughts over paper ... or screen. Whichever.

Third, hopefully I can assist someone in learning more about their body and how it functions best. Believe it or not, I have a lot of people ask questions about nutrition, fitness, recipes, etc. I am by no means an expert in this field, I simply read a lot and am completely intrigued by the whole industry since an early age ... but more on that later.

Fourth, I recently discovered the Blogger app. I never sit at my laptop anymore, but now with this mind-blowing discovery, I can tell you my inmost thoughts whenever they may hit me. You’re welcome.

And lastly, I named this blog “More than a Pill” because I’m amazed that people will do ANYTHING to loose weight or get healthy, as long as it’s not eating right and exercising. In the past week or so, I’ve had three or so people mention going on pills to help control a disease or to loose weight. It literally hurts my heart because they could be doing unrepairable damage. I just want to people to know there is a better way and this is the least rude way to do it. If my friends what to search it out, great. If not, it is what it is. Maybe if nothing else, it will ease my mind enough to not annoy my coworkers.

Oh, and in case absolutely have to try out the new breakfast, at least go with the bacon grilled taco.


No comments:

Post a Comment